Apr 5, 2011

Blustery, Nasty, FunRun

I headed out today onto the soaked roads and into the winds for a run. The best one yet. I have to say that unlike any running I have ever done before I now head out and enjoy myself every step of the way. I find myself grinning like an idiot on the run, because it feels good. How often does that happen? Anyways, here it is:




OK, 1.01 miles in 8:58, hitting the mile marker at 8:44. I am beginning to see and feel myself settling into a comfortable, manageable, and enjoyable run. My cardio is (slowly) beginning to come along as well. I did get pretty winded in the beginning of today's run. The first 3/10 of the mile were uphill and I tried to charge right into it, it benefited me though. It seems that running uphill comes a little easier, maybe because the angle causes you to strike with the ball more naturally. I'm struggling with the downhill a little more, mostly with trying to get a proper foot strike and maintain proper body alignment. It's getting better, though.

The big win today was the way I felt when I got back. Like a million bucks. I did walk back today to the tune of .32 miles, and that allows me time to relax, breath, and overly analyze my run. So, by the time I got home, I felt awesome. Taking this into consideration, I have decided to up my distance. I'm thinking 1.5 miles. Tomorrow should be another miserable day in the weather department, but I will be enjoying it like it's a sunny California day. Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment