Apr 25, 2011

A return from the blogging hiatus...

I struggled this week with my runs. The tops of my feet are really sore. I can't seem to figure out a definitive reason. My only guess is that its from stretching my toes up. Right before my foot strikes the ground my toes curl back, splay out, and point up. I think that lifting is working the muscles on the tops of my feet and which are now sore. I really hope it goes away quickly. Other than that, I have some sore bones as well. Once again, I don't know if that pain is caused by sore muscles, joints, or (please no) a fracture. Time will tell.

I have found that when I get up in the morning, my legs are very sore. My ankle, feet, and knees are all stiff and refuse to cooperate. That might be normal, I have no idea, but it sucks. I still manage to get out and run, I got in 5 total last week, but I am struggling to get out with a combined winy-ness and laziness.

So, in an effort to drum up some motivation, I went to find a realistic goal, and a plan to get there. I found a few 5k's I am interested in doing and I'm setting the time frame for August. Then I happened across a training plan generator at RunnersWorld.com.

Side note: I recently subscribed to Runners World and I have spent hours reading their articles online. Outstanding publication. Worth a gander. Its not necessarily focused on barefoot running, although they have a decently stocked section on their website. However, it keeps me informed and motivated. I suggest it.

The plan is good, it does have rest days which I am trying to fill with the death workout my wife whips my butt in.  Apparently I've always done it the wrong way. They have a four week cycle. Weeks 1-3 have 4 runs each: easy run, speedwork/pacework, easy run, and long run. The long run is 6 miles. Damn. I'm going for it on Sunday, but I'm a little nervous. Week 4 is an easy week, four easy runs, three and four miles at an 11:00 pace. I am tweaking their suggestions a little bit (an 11:00 is painfully slow), because they don't allow you to fully personalize it without paying something like $70/year or $20/month (not happening).

What I did is planted this training schedule (with my tweaks) into Google Calendar and they will now be posted at the bottom of my blog page. Please feel free to steal mine, but I definitely suggest that you just head to Runnersworld.com, sign up for a free account, and try it out.

I am going to make a few other tweaks to my Blog, I just don't know what right now. Stand by for it anyways.  Here are my workouts for the week. I'll give my next update at the end of the week. Sees yahs.

Sun, 18Apr11



Mon, 19Apr11

I ran hill repeats on a hill in town once I got to the end of this one, and then ran back. Cut the judgement, I haven't reduced myself to half mile workouts (yet, haha)

Wed, 21Apr11



Thu, 22Apr11



Sat, 24Apr11



Fin. Keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment