Apr 7, 2011

Hiking and Running

After sleeping in until 10:00 and sitting around the house, the Mrs. suggested that we head out for a hike.



Unfortunately, my phone died at the 2.12 mile mark. Basically the trail meets back up about 2/10 of a mile and then follows the trail out. Topping out at about 2.4 miles. We had a great time at the beach and enjoyed to hike there as well. I did the whole trek in my vibrams. Aside from the wet/cold (it was only about 45 deg and there was some snow left plus lots of mud) the hike went well. I learned pretty quickly that nature is treacherous and almost bare feet are hazards. I guess this many years in thick soles has made me soft. Especially since the run was equally as treacherous.



I ran down the trail and paid for it royally. I set out for the 1.5 miler I talked about the other day. However, I ended up running 1.69 miles out to my turnaround point. Rocks-a-plenty. My feet were pretty beat up. I felt really good, though. At the turnaround I decided to break for a little and walk for .19 miles to find the 1.5 mile turnaround. I picked it back up when I found it and set off to run back.



With the sun in my eyes and getting a little tired, the rocks started to really wear on me. I'm thinking runs will have to go in a different direction to avoid these miniature death traps. The run ended good and strong, pretty much how it started.

All in all I wrapped up the day with some good adventures. I learned a bit about going minimal. The run went really good. I set out for that mile and a half goal and ended up with three miles by the end of it. I am really proud of that. The time isn't great, but hey, it was quite a feat for me nonetheless. No real problems with my run other than some sore muscles. I did notice my left hip was a little sore. I walked home about .2 miles and it was fine by the time I got home. Something to keep an eye out for. I am pretty worn out for today. I think this will have to do. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment